Women In FinTech Hackathon
The Women in FinTech Hackathon as a platform to work with women to develop products and solutions that help and improve lives of their fellow women.
The Women in FinTech hackathon is a tool to help us expose new and emerging companies led by women to the tools available to reach the poor and as such extend access to innovative financial services.
We empower women with technological productive assets, knowledge and skills. We offer free consultancy to banks and MNOs developing digital financial services for women.
We emphasize leadership as a powerful expression of agency and work with women and girls lead and inspire social change and effectively participate in technology to improve the status of other women and girls as well as themselves. As such, we organize the Women in FinTech Hackathon as a platform to work with women to develop products and solutions that help and improve lives of their fellow women.
The main objective of this hackathon is to generate high-value actionable business ideas and product concepts. But the Hackathon will also boost the innovation culture and further establish the idea-sharing, effective collaboration and creativeness driven by enthusiasm towards a shared goal among women innovators, developers and women headed FinTechs.
- Purpose: To work with women innovators and women led FinTechs to develop POCs and solutions that help and improve lives of their fellow women.
- Details: (Physical and Remote engagements)
- Structure: 7 Days Hackathon marathon with 8 plus Women led teams.
- Participants: Women FinTechs and Women Developer teams, Mentors from MNOs, Banks, RSPs, DRSPs, Facilitators.
- Goal: Introduce and onboard women FinTechs to new and trending innovative tech solutions and networks such as the Mojaloop OSS Community, produce demo POCS for women using Open Source Software test tools, and get women developed products adapted by Mobile Network Operators, Banks or Remittance Services Providers.